Virtual events were a necessity in the Covid and Post-Covid times but as the circumstances improved, brands and organizations realized their benefits and soon it became a preferred format of events among corporates, governments, and many other domains.
With the increasing popularity of virtual events, it’s essential to understand the different aspects that go into creating a successful virtual event platform. From start to finish, there are many components that must be considered when planning a virtual event, including platform selection, event design, marketing, and technical support. This guide will outline the key elements of the best platform for virtual events and provide practical tips for ensuring a smooth and successful virtual event experience for all attendees.
A Virtual Event Platform
The first step to hosting a world-class virtual event is choosing the right platform for your needs. There are many online event platforms available, each with its own set of features, pricing plans, and technical requirements. Popular platforms like ibentos are surprisingly well-designed to deliver countless features, strong technical assistance, and 24*7 customer support.
When selecting a platform, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Technical requirements: ake sure the platform you choose meets the technical requirements of your attendees, such as compatibility with their devices and operating systems.
- Features: Consider the features you need, such as the ability to host webinars, host virtual exhibitions, conduct polls and quizzes, and share presentations and videos.
- Security: Ensure that the platform you choose has robust security features in place to protect sensitive information and data.
- Cost: Choose a platform that fits within your budget, taking into account the cost of hosting the event, as well as any additional costs for additional features or support.
Once you have selected the best platform for virtual events, the next step is to design your virtual event. This includes creating a schedule, choosing speakers, and designing the virtual environment.
- Schedule: Create a schedule that includes key speakers, breakout sessions, and networking opportunities for attendees. Make sure to include breaks for attendees to stretch their legs, grab a snack, or attend to other needs.
- Speakers: Choose speakers that are engaging, knowledgeable, and relevant to your audience. Consider hosting a mix of experts, industry leaders, and customer success stories to keep attendees interested and engaged.
- Virtual Environment: Design a virtual environment that is visually appealing and easy to navigate. Include branding elements such as logos, colors, and images to create a cohesive and memorable experience for attendees.
Marketing is a critical component of any virtual event, as it helps to increase attendance and generate interest in your event.
- Social Media: Utilize social media platforms to promote your event, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Use engaging content, such as images and videos, to showcase the event and its speakers.
- Email Marketing: Send regular email updates to your audience, highlighting key speakers, sessions, and the value of attending the event.
- Content Marketing: Create compelling content, such as blog posts, infographics, and videos, that educate and inform your audience about the event and its offerings.
- Paid Advertising: Consider using paid advertising, such as Google AdWords or Facebook Ads, to reach a larger audience and drive more attendees to your event.
Technical support is crucial for ensuring a smooth and successful virtual event experience for all attendees. Make sure you have a technical support team in place, including a support desk, on-site technicians, and remote support, to handle any technical issues that may arise during the event.
- Support Desk: Provide a support desk for attendees to contact in case of technical difficulties or questions. This can be a phone line, email address, or live chat.
- On-site Technicians: Technicians to assist with any technical issues that may arise during the event. They can assist attendees with connecting to the virtual platform, troubleshooting technical issues, and answering any questions they may have.
- Remote Support: Consider offering remote support for attendees who may be located in different parts of the world. This can include video conferencing, chat support, or phone support.
- Testing: Conduct a test run of your online event platform before the actual event to identify and resolve any technical issues. This will ensure that the platform is working smoothly and that all attendees have a seamless experience.
Creating a successful virtual event requires careful planning and attention to detail. From selecting the right platform to providing technical support, each component of an online event platform must be carefully considered to ensure a seamless and enjoyable experience for all attendees. But managing all this can be cumbersome for a brand. That’s where ibentos comes into the picture. A profound events industry leader and an ideal events technology partner that has an experience of more than a decade of successfully hosting grand events, be it in-person, hybrid, or virtual. The ibentos virtual event platform is a one-stop solution for all your virtual event needs, often considered by its clients as the best platform for virtual events. From creating an attractive landing page to building an immersive online event platform, from conducting effective marketing campaigns to delivering strong customer support, every time, ibentos stands tall with its mission to create memorable experiences for all brands, organizers, and attendees.
By following the guidelines outlined in this guide, you can create a completely virtual event platform that is engaging, memorable, and effective in achieving your goals. Whether you are hosting a webinar, conference, or exhibition, a well-designed virtual event platform can provide valuable insights, opportunities for networking, and a platform for promoting your brand to a wider audience.
Want to execute an enriching virtual event for your audience, reach out to us now.
Comments are closed.