Since 2016, every year, The Government of India celebrates ‘Bharat Parv’, a six-day event from the 26th to the 31st of January. An initiative to feature and promote India’s spirit of freedom, its culture, traditions, food diversity and local businesses (vocal for local). Deriving its values from the Aatmanirbhar Bharat and Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat initiatives, Bharat Parv is in itself a spectrum of India’s uniqueness and the enthusiasm to celebrate it.
Due to persistent waves of the COVID-19 pandemic, in 2021, the Government of India looked towards a new dimension of hosting events, Virtual Events. The idea was to find and formulate a strategy that allowed hosting the ‘Bharat Parv’ in its entire extravagance while maintaining the necessary safety guidelines to spread the colossal virus outbreak. Bharat Parv marks great importance for India and its people, hence there was an ardent need to find the right solution to this problem, but the challenge was not ordinary.
- Bharat Parv has always been a physical event, hence the virtual event must match to standards of its exuberance, grandeur, engagement and interactions.
- Being an event of patriotism, it has sentiments attached and the virtual counterpart must inspire the attendees in the same way with its theme, environment and user interface.
- Each year Bharat Parv witnesses vivid tableaus and demonstrations from all the Indian states and various ministries, hence the virtual event must be robust and reliable enough to live stream all these seamlessly to the attendees across the globe.
- India’s Republic Day is a grand celebration and attendees from all over the world visit to celebrate the establishment of India’s constitution, fraternity and oneness. Therefore, it is important for the virtual counterpart to be stable enough to sustain thousands of attendees at all times.
- Also, the event has its own values and importance thus the virtual event must adhere to the same values and induce the same in the attendees with its overall experience.
To conduct such a grand event like the Bharat Parv virtually meant catering to thousands of attendees for six days without a glitch, because what lies at stake is the reputation and honour of India. This required a virtual event platform that could support high bandwidth and had an advanced virtual engine to deliver seamless performance with high-quality graphics. Through one of our partners, Falcon Exhibitions Pvt. Ltd. we received an offer to deliver the best solution for Virtual Bharat Parv 2021 with our class-leading virtual event platform.
We began the process by understanding the requirements and the key focus areas for the event and came up with the following solutions:
- Since the Republic Day Parade is held every year at the Lal Quila in Delhi, hence a life-like, immersive, 3D replica of the Lal Quila was created as the environment for the virtual Bharat Parv 2021.
- The event theme was kept according to the Indian Tricolour to beautify the environment and engulf the attendees in the flavours of Indian pride, enthusiasm and patriotism.
- Separate Auditoriums were created for ministries, states, armed forces, cuisines, cultural performances and more.
- A dedicated auditorium was created specifically for the Inauguration event which was streamed live right from the Lal Quila, Delhi, to over a hundred thousand attendees globally.
- Each Pavillion provided to a ministry, state or any other organization, was skillfully curated in their associated colours and ethos to create a sense of nostalgia among the attendees for their native places.
- Each exhibitor participating in the Bharat Parv 2021 was provided with a dedicated 3D virtual booth designed to showcase their offerings in the form of detailed videos, photos, downloadable pdfs and more
- Keeping in mind the magnanimity of the event worldwide, we designed the entire event to accommodate over a million attendees throughout the span of six days.
- Among the key focus areas was to design a robust attendee interaction framework that allowed seamless interaction among attendees and with the exhibitors.
On 26th January 2021, at the strike of the morning, for the first time ever, virtual ‘Bharat Parv’ was inaugurated. A smooth and unhindered live broadcast directly from the Lal Quila in Delhi, staging the sky for the unfurling of the Indian Tricolour and the glorious words from the Honourable Prime Minister, Shri. Narendra Modi. The event was inaugurated by the Member of Parliament and the Lok Sabha Speaker, Shri Om Birla in the presence of the Minister of Tourism, Culture and DoNER, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel and many other dignitaries.
Bharat Parv signifies the ‘Essence of India’ which lies in its culture which is diversified across boundaries. Every year Ministry of Tourism organizes the Bharat Parv and in 2021 virtual Bharat Parv, the Ministry of Culture & Tourism was provided with three virtual pavilions, Dekho Apna Desh, Statue of Unity, and Incredible India.
The pavilions of ‘Incredible India’, ‘Statue of Unity’ & ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ were themed to uphold & portray the spirit of fraternity and the motto of ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’, connecting different states and UTs of our nation together. Also, high-resolution videos, images & e-brochures etc., were shared to shed light on the information related to UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India and India’s lesser-known destinations and excursions. The idea was to promote a cultural connection in the domains of language learning, culture, traditions, music, tourism, cuisine, sports and sharing of best practices, etc.
Apart from that, the Bharat Parv 2021 exhibited various pavilions, which included Central and State Ministries, along with other organizations like the Ministry of Ayush, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Development Commissioner Handlooms, Development Commissioner Handicrafts, Lalit Kala Academy, Archaeological Survey of India, National Museum, National Gallery of Modern Arts, media units of I&B Ministry, and Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC). These pavilions showcased a variety of handicrafts, handlooms, folk music, folk dance, paintings, literary materials, and other features from all parts of India.
The Indian Culinary Institute and various Central Institutes of Hotel Management exhibited a diverse range of culinary delights from across India, showcasing videos and recipes of different cuisines. Additionally, the Republic Day Parade highlights and recorded performances of armed forces music bands were among the most popular segments viewed on the ibentos virtual event platform.
The unique virtual Bharat Parv 2021 featured numerous videos, films, images, brochures, and other informational material from various organizations. In a time of great uncertainty and anxiety, the virtual Bharat Parv offered hope by hosting an immersive, interactive, and larger-than-life global event. The success of Bharat Parv 2021 on the ibentos platform demonstrated the ability to deliver robust, innovative, and immersive virtual events, challenging the preconceptions of brands and attendees about virtual events. The grandeur of Bharat Parv was enjoyed, experienced, and appreciated worldwide.