Table of Contents
- Set your Virtual Conference purpose
- Identify your target audience
- Choose the right virtual event technology
- Create a user-friendly website
- Find the right sponsors and exhibitors
- Giveaways for your attendees
- Have a technical team
- Train your Speakers
- Track your event success
- Record your Virtual events and make it available to your virtual attendees
- Host a successful Virtual Event/Conference
Virtual Conferences have come a long way from the time they were introduced in 2020. After we transitioned into the virtual world, virtual conferences have been developed by virtual event platforms to showcase your event in a better way. Virtual Conferences now, are coupled with better attendance, better accessibility, brand visibility and have become a relevant part of event programmes.
With the possibility of hybrid events, and people’s shift towards liking the virtual format, virtual conferences will be the next big thing to accentuate the quality of a virtual event programme.
Here are top 10 virtual conference practices you need to consider before you venture out into organizing one –
1. Set your Virtual Conference purpose
Every virtual conference, be it in a physical or hybrid event, has to have a purpose and a clear intention for setting it up.
You have to determine the purpose in the beginning of the event so that you have enough time for registrations, bring in leads, increase brand awareness etc.
2. Identify your target audience
Who you want as your Virtual Conference audience needs to be pre-determined. This will help you promote your event to the right audience and guide your ads to the right direction. Also remember that your audience needs to be set right in the beginning of any event promotions. Firstly, that is because your conference audience will differ according to the topic, type and industry. Hence, a deeper research is required before you go ahead and start your promotions or for that matter, design your virtual space. You must also consider that hosting a virtual event allows you to reach out to a larger audience in comparison to a physical event. Virtual Events help you get a bigger audience as there are no geographical boundaries. However, if you have in mind a bigger Virtual Conference that has a global audience, make sure you consider the different time zones, languages, and local events.
3. Choose the right virtual event technology
A Virtual Conference requires great and good technology for it to be successful. Once you have a clear understanding of your requirements, you will be able to choose the virtual event solutions that you need.
Most of your Virtual Conference solutions will be taken care of by the virtual event solutions hence, you need to figure out a virtual event platform that helps you create a successful event.
- Technical Emcee: One who manages and directs your entire event virtually. This technical emcee will be responsible for all your speakers and programmes to be LIVE on the platform at the right time for the audience. He/She is basically responsible for your virtual event to take place smoothly.
- Know about the servers: Just because you have the Virtual Event partner in place, it doesn’t mean that you limit your knowledge about the technology that will be in use for your conference.
- CRM: Find out more about the backend of your virtual event platform. You’d not want to hire different parties for different functionalities of your virtual event. Go for a virtual event that allows you to integrate various functions into your virtual event seamlessly and in a hassle free way.
- Introduce your IT team before choosing a partner: Get your own technical team introduced to the Virtual event team. This way, a lot of the to and fro that happens due to the lack of understanding of teams can be avoided and a smooth coordination can happen.
4. Create a user-friendly website
Anytime you decide to choose technology for your virtual conference, enable a user-friendly interface for the attendees. This will help them navigate into the virtual venue easily. Try to keep your virtual venue easy and less complicated so as to engage the audience better. Also, a user-friendly interface will be easily accessible to all kinds of audiences. Before, you ask your Virtual Event partner to create one, ensure that the functioning of the website is convenient and user-friendly for all types of users, despite them being tech savvy or not.
5. Find the right sponsors and exhibitors
You must be able to create packages for your event sponsors that will help you increase your ROI. This can be in the form of different tier or different paid packages. It will help your sponsors in turn to get the right kind of visibility among the audience. This just doesn’t end here. With the right Virtual Event partner, you can get your sponsors and exhibitors in touch with the attendees that will give them a platform to advertise themselves and further their businesses.
6. Giveaways for your attendees
Just because it is not an in-person event, it doesn’t mean you’ll not give away anything to your virtual event audience. To engage your virtual audience further, give them gifts, coupons and other exciting prizes so that they remain hooked to your virtual event.
7. Have a technical team
Employ a technical team to manage your parallel conferences/sessions. We mean, anyone can conduct a virtual conference especially with the user friendly that is being developed by the companies. However, if you wish to have an event that is professional and devoid of lags, it is essential that you deploy a technical team or for that matter ask your Virtual Event partners for a technical emcee to direct your conference. This way, you can focus more on the other aspects of your virtual conference without worrying over tech and doability.
8. Train your Speakers
Your attendees need to have a clear view of their speakers and while attending the virtual event. Therefore, the right virtual team will help your speakers by training them and be ready with help 24/7.
9. Track your event success
It is easy to measure the success of your event, if it’s a virtual one. With a proper virtual event platform and a robust backend, you can easily track the analytics of your virtual event. Here, you can check how engaged your attendees were as well as session attendance.
There are many other factors that can be analysed as well. For example, tech success, time sessions, and surveys.
10. Record your Virtual events and make it available to your virtual attendees
At a Virtual conference or any virtual event, all activities can be recorded and made available for the attendees. You can also allow the audience to watch them later after the event. This way you can leverage your event content and gain your preferred ROI.
Host a successful Virtual Event/Conference
With the above tips and tricks, you can plan a great event. Always remember to see your event from an attendee’s point of view. You need to understand what they can gain from your event so that they dedicate their time or money to be a part of it. Also, don’t forget to keep the needs of your sponsors, exhibitors and speakers in priority too.